Now hiring for a Studio Product Photographer
You’re looking for two things…the opportunity to build a meaningful career with plenty of room for growth and advancement, and the opportunity to challenge yourself, and do engaging work every single day.
We're FXR Racing, and we’re offering you both.
Started as a passion project in our owner’s basement over 20 years ago, FXR has exploded internationally, becoming a renowned and respected provider of power sports equipment and apparel.
Thanks to this continued growth, we’re seeking a studio product photographer for our marketing and graphics design team.
That’s where you come in
As our new Studio Product Photographer, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks related to product images for print and digital marketing. Working out of our head office, you’ll photograph our products, and prepare them for multiple uses. Our collection is large and our marketing is constant so you’ll need to stay on top of a busy product design and marketing calendar.
You’ll also need strong organizational skills to keep things organized and to work together efficiently for the team.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who has a great eye for detail and is conscientious about how and when things are done.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Be a proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite CC and DSRL camera
- Assume responsibility for studio product photography for seasonal catalogues and web;
- Adjust product photography to meet exacting standards - photoshopping, cropping, colour correcting;
- Revise product images, keeping images up to date with design changes;
- Appropriately label and file photography according to established naming conventions
- Assist in creating graphic design for print catalogues, store signage and event flyers
Working @ FXR Racing
This is a full-time, 1 year term position which could easily turn into a permanent position it the fit is right. Hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, or 8:30 to 5pm (your choice!), with some overtime during our peak season.
You’ll receive a good starting wage, between $17 and $20 an hour, commensurate with experience, as well as an attractive benefits package and vacation.
The two best things about us are our company culture and our team. We get together at company events a couple times a year to encourage team building. Many of our employees are interested in sports and racing, and the products we sell, which makes for a great group of people to work with.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunities for growth in this role: our company is expanding and when we find talent, we find new places where people can thrive.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in graphic design work
- Experience operating DSRL camera
- Experience with Lightroom CC – colour correcting and batch product photography
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite CC with a strong emphasis on Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator - puppet warping, photoshopping images to match vector designs, colour correcting, cropping
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in related studies
- A valid driver’s license, and regular access to a reliable vehicle for daily commute to Oak Bluff
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If this seems like a good fit for you, please submit your resume together with a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com.
We will review applications and respond accordingly by end of April.